Competition plays an important role in academic achievement because it spurs students to pursue excellence. It’s important for students who work hard to be recognized and rewarded. On the other side, it gives the idea to others what they need to improve in order to be better. In either way it is motivated and challenging.
Omiš Guitar Fest jury members are top world guitar professors, very prudently chosen by the organizer. For Omiš Guitar Fest, except the jury members, it is of extreme importance the evaluation methodology, therefore 3 most important principles need to be respected: professionalism, objectivity and transparency. As for the evaluation process itself it’s very strictly defined and respected by the jury: each jury member evaluates the student with mark from 0 to 100. Then, the highest note and the lowest note are being extracted. The rest of the notes are calculated in arithmetic mean which represents the final note of the student.
Competition - classical guitar
- Appearances within categories are done in alphabetical order, beginning with a letter determined by lot.
- In case of exceeding of determined timing, professional jury holds the right to stop the competitor.
- Professional jury brings irrevocable decisions on which competitor has no right to complain.
- All competitors are obliged to pay subscription for competition, in fee of 50EUR for I-VI cat. and 30EUR each competitor for VIIth & VIIIth cat.
- In case of audio or video recordings of all happenings related to the competition, competitors my not request financial compensation from organiser. Also if they do not participate on copmpetition competitors my not request financial refund of participation fee.
- Active and passive participants of competition are settling their own travelling and accommodation expenses by themselves. Organiser of competition may offer some possibilities of travelling and accommodation choices, but is not responsible for their choice.
- Organiser of competition is denying all responsibilities if injury or any kind of accident happens to any participant of the Festival (active and passive participants, professors, organisers, exhibitors on a Fair and all other guests who may be present in the area where manifestation is being held) as well as any damage or theft caused to their property.
- Application to competition and other happenings represents irrevocable acceptation of all the rules herewith stated.
- Application deadline is June 4th 2016 and it could be done by online registration.